top of page


Bright Ideas Childcare and Preschool, Inc. participates in the Child and Adult Food Program (CACFP) and provides free nutritious meals and snacks to all enrolled children.

The Child and Adult Care Food Program is administered at the federal level by the USDA and at the state level by the PA Department of Education, Division of Food and Nutrition. The primary intent of the program is to improve the diets of children and adults and to develop healthful eating habits through the service of nutritious meals and the provision of nutrition education activities.

All meals and snacks must meet the following USDA meal pattern requirements.



Juice, Fruit, and/or Vegetable

Bread or Cereal



Meat/Meat Alternate

2 servings of Fruit and/or Vegetable

Bread / Bread Alternate


Choose 2 of the following 4


Bread / Bread Alternate

Fruit and/or Vegetable

Meat and/or Meat Alternate


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of Discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027), found online at: , and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

1) mail -

US Dept. of Agriculture,

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Ave, SW

Washington DC 20250-9410

2) fax - (202) 690-7442

3) email -

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

bottom of page